January 2018 Message from President Howie Hirsch
As I look back on this past year, I try to think of all of the positives that have occurred this year.
Here are my highlights:
May our year for 2018 look as blessed as 2017 has been.
- We have hired a wonderful cantor, Avital Lazar, who is continuing our wonderful cantorial presence in the synagogue.
- We have started a project to make mats for the homeless.
- We have continued our ongoing food drive for the local food banks.
- We have done another year of volunteering at America’s Grow-a-Row.
- We have a new board with new commitment to the congregation, as well as retaining many of our returning board members.
- We have recycled our president for the fifth time.
- We have continued to have a wonderful year with our Rabbi.
- We have continued our Book Club.
- We had our first and hopefully annual Bark Mitzvah – a blessing of the animals.
- We have been actively planning our congregational trip to Israel.
- We have continued the Mah Jong Group.
- We have had meaningful Shabbat services as well as very spiritual High Holiday services.
- We have started studying the Book of Judges in the Rabbi’s Adult Education class.
- We have been blessed to have Shira Dubin participate and begin to take over the teaching of our younger Sunday School class.
- We have continued our outreach into the Washington community by participating with the AME church.
- We participated in the area at the Thanksgiving prayer service.
And for those of you whose 2017 was not as good as you had hoped, I wish for you a brighter and happier 2018.
Shalom with much love,
Back to Past Messages Page
Copyright © 2018 Jewish Center of Northwest Jersey
Last updated: January 1, 2018